Thursday, February 10, 2011

Winter on the island...

It feels like spring - and I haven't added any pictures from the winter yet! And what I really REALLY should be doing is organizing Big Dog Biking accounting....  oh what fun.
So I thought I'd post some pictures from the winter instead :o)

Way WAY back in January Marc, Joan and I took our tele gear to explore Mount Becher in winter. This is the easiest summer hike, and we've all done it multiple times, but I've never gone there in winter. Thankfully the pouring rain stopped on the drive out, and the weather was foggy but nice. 
The snow was not so nice, as you can see from the icy sheen.... but it was pretty!

 Matilda led the way, which unfortunately meant dropping through the snowcrust and she was really tired by the end of the day. Pippa was luckier, and she could run along the top of the snow surface without ever breaking a sweat. 
A well dressed dog is a happy dog..... Pippa showing off her winter coat

Marc on the summit

Joan, Matilda, Pippa, Marc - with me stalking behind. 

A good day was had by all. Pippa and Mattie slept for the next day but looked very happy..... Our next tele destination is Arrowsmith - but since the white stuff has turned to an icy blue we've been putting it off and going skate skiing and biking instead.

Till next time, I have to stop procrastinating now!

No comments:

Post a Comment