Thursday, July 22, 2010

"Training" on the Island

Saturday was soooo much fun! Dave, Marc, Joan, Genevieve and I rode the BCBR course (with some minor alterations) and as a group of five we rocked through the course! 

It was a lovely hot sunny day, and we started early enough that the climb up Forbidden was still fairly cool. Riding as a group through the Bear Bait trail system is one of my favourite rides, there's something exilherating about winding through the trails in a line going as fast as possible!

The downhill was great as usual, other than the fact that I crashed...  and then we hit the bottom logging roads in fine style and ripped towards Cumberland.

We stopped briefly on the way to Cumberland for some refreshments, then up to Sykes bridge and over Teapot to Allen Lake. At the swimming spot we decided enough was enough, and took time out to hop in the awesome water and bob around like normal people on a hot day. Unfortunately as we got going again I realized I had misplaced by sunglasses, and since I couldn't find them at Allen Lake thought they might be at Perseverence Creek. Back up to Sykes bridge I went... although it was actually easier now that I had cooled off a bit. No glasses, so home I went for some real food.  I gathered up Pippa and we ran back to Allen Lake but no glasses unfortunately. Back home, more food, and time to put up my feet for a bit! 
Sunday was a River Ratz ride as usual, then Monday Pippa and I headed for Mt Becher. 


Another good weekend on the island!

No comments:

Post a Comment