Friday, July 16, 2010

Learning to Run

I  love riding my bikes - mountain or cyclocross, either way it’s always a good time. Running… doesn’t really work for me. 

But I was getting a little lopsided from all the biking and thought I should do another sport where I’m upright if nothing else.

It’s lovely and HOT on the island (Vancouver Island) and since we’re not used to hot weather I planned the run around water. My little running partner faithfully ran along and swam in all the waterholes. Mattie stayed home 

Run up the road - stop at the creek. Up the trail - past the lake, another brief stopover. Up the trail, around the gnarly bits and start back down - and stop at the waterfall.

It’s all about the rewards - which for me isn’t running per se yet, but the weather was hot, the water was cold and the dog was happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment